How to whiten a white collar on a black dress at home?
The little black dress is a classic. She looks appropriate in almost any situation, and if the outfit is decorated with embroidery or beautiful white lace, then this combination will give its owner a halo of innocence and mystery. However, so different shades and textures can categorically deteriorate when washing. There are several options for whitening a white collar on a black dress at home. Among them, one can distinguish conditionally safe methods using improvised means, as well as the use of strong chemical compounds like bleaches. We will deal with each of them in this article.to contents ↑
Warning pollution problem
There are many options for removing critical consequences, however, it is better to prevent unwanted consequences. The main rule for washing things in a contrasting color is, first of all, the desired separate washing, and it is best to carry it out manually.
In order not to be puzzled by how to bleach a collar on a black dress, dresses with combined materials are best subjected to the following actions:
- If it is possible to separate parts (even by tearing off the same collar and cuffs), it is better to do this.
- It is preferable to hand wash machine. Otherwise, the probability of spoiling the product is much higher.
- If it is not possible to wash the parts separately, you should not use various bleaches - there is an opportunity to damage the colored details of the dress.
How to wash black things with white elements?
It would seem that it could be easier to wash by hand. The collar of a black and white dress can be removed in several ways. But when working with clothes in contrasting shades, it is worth observing the sequence of rules and knowing exactly how to wash a black dress with a white collar:
- Pour warm water into a basin or other container with a temperature of no higher than 30 ° C, then add a washing gel or other liquid detergent.
Important! It is better to put off the use of the powder, as it may leave streaks on dark tissue. You should also check the composition of the product for the presence of whitening components.
- Soak the necessary thing for no more than an hour, then rinse, if necessary remove dirt - repeat the procedure again.
Important! It is better to minimize machining, as it can cause blurring of colors.
- Rinse and dry the item, and then you can begin to bleach the necessary elements.
- Put the dress on a flat surface, prepare a container of water.
- Wet and treat outfit as accurately as possible.
- To withstand the necessary time and rinse in water.
Read even more helpful tips on our portal about how to wash shedding things any color.
to contents ↑
How to whiten the collar and other details?
Let's say the washing was done correctly and the problem of molting your item has not yet been touched. However, all things come in contact with the body, and the collar and cuffs are particularly susceptible to sweat and contact with surfaces.To bleach a collar on a black dress, you can use the following methods.
This method is cheap and convenient to use:
- It is necessary to moisten the cotton pad in the peroxide.
- Apply to stain and leave to lie down a bit.
- Wash in any convenient way.
Important! For all its simplicity, this technique is only suitable for fresh spots.
- For greater effectiveness, it can be mixed with two tablespoons of soda and three peroxides.
- Apply the mixture to the stain and leave for five minutes.
- Wash the product.
- Dissolve two aspirin tablets in a glass of water.
- Stain and wash.
Our grandmothers also used this method:
- Mix regular medical alcohol with salary in equal parts.
- Moisten a cotton pad in this mixture and treat the stain.
- Repeat until completely removed, and then wash.
Important! When using this method, it is worth taking care of the safety of the skin of the hands and good ventilation.
This method is perfect for silk:
- Dissolve salt in a glass of water.
- Moisten the disc and handle the collar, and then wash.
Important! When using any of the methods, it is first necessary to check the composition in an inconspicuous place.
to contents ↑
How to save a faded dress?
If, nevertheless, for some reason, your beautiful outfit is spoiled and the dress is shed, what to do at home - first of all, hurry up. The less time has passed since molting, the greater the chance of saving a thing. Try to gently rinse the drips with just running water or laundry soap, if that doesn’t help, you can use the following tips:
- Soak the item completely in a chlorine-free stain remover. We dilute the composition in water according to the instructions and lower the dress. It should get wet and soak, then drain excess water. We are waiting for the estimated time, rinse and dry.
- You can use oxygen bleach, only you need to choose the most soft and clearly follow the instructions. It is necessary to dilute a quarter cup in a container of water, soak for a day or at least at night, then wash in the usual way.
- You can use a mixture of ammonia and liquid detergent. Soak a thing in it for 40 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- The following method will not only return the whiteness, but will also fix the color. To do this, you must first remove all contaminants and hold your outfit in a soapy solution with the addition of green tea. Then we pull out the fabric and for 15 minutes we fill in the problem areas with salt, carefully rinse the product and dry it.
Important! When using chemical compounds for bleaching, it is necessary to verify the absence of chlorine in them and clearly follow the manufacturer's instructions for both bleach and dress.
to contents ↑
Restoration of colored things
Of all the dyes, black is the most stable, so bleaching collars and cuffs on the principle of "nothing will be done to him" is possible. However, what to do if such a problem arose on a colored dress, than to whiten a white collar on a red dress, without spoiling the brightness of the color.
The processing principle is largely similar, but requires more thorough and painstaking action than with dark fabrics:
- You can try stain remover for color. Pour the product on the stain, leave for a while, then wash.
Important! The tool is better to pre-check in an inconspicuous area.
- An ammonia will also help save a colored dress. It must be diluted at the rate of 20 ml of alcohol per 10 liters of water. In this solution, soak the affected clothing for at least an hour. Then wash thoroughly.
- Use a special whitening soap. This method is simple, however, several approaches may be required. If the fabric is not very delicate, then you can rub it with a sponge or brush.
Important! There are special washcloths that allow you to catch washable dyes.
If the detail of your item has been thoroughly damaged, this is not a reason to completely get rid of your favorite clothes. Take advantage of our selection of options.do-it-yourself patterns and tailoring collars on a dress.
to contents ↑
Useful Color Conservation Tips
So that there are no such critical moments and there is no question, if the dress has faded, what to do at home, you need to follow some simple tips:
- Soak things for several hours in a normal salt solution.
- Carefully follow the instructions of the manufacturers of clothing and cleaning products.
- New things must be washed separately, and the first 2-3 washings are better by hand.
You can also use some tricks to preserve the brightness of colors longer:
- Vinegar. Dilute a spoonful of vinegar in a liter of water and rinse a clean dress.
- Lemon acid. In similar proportions, dilute in water and after washing dip clothes into this composition.
Important! Citric acid crystals should completely dissolve.
- Boric acid. It must be added directly to the water instead of the means for soaking in the proportion of a quarter cup (or a tablespoon with a slide) on a standard basin.
- Profile color stabilizers. Such products are designed specifically to restore the brightness of things that are prone to frequent washing.
In life, various critical situations occur, and sometimes even a favorite thing can fail and give out streaks, stains after washing. Dry cleaners most often refuse such work, so most likely you will have to whiten the collar on the black dress and remove the stains yourself. And with the help of tips in this article, you will be able to do this without problems and costs. In the end, the thing can be repainted in a different color or buy a new dress.