DIY T-shirt Drawings
Summer is the best time to forget about boring boring sweaters and dress up in bright, colorful clothes. Torn shorts, T-shirts with funny inscriptions, funny accessories look not just appropriate in summer, but perfect. You can try to reveal your creative abilities, realize the most daring ideas and make an outfit an ordinary thing that will delight everyone around you. To do this, you can cut through stylish holes in it, make a fringe or draw drawings on t-shirts with your own hands. Here is just about painting in this article and we will talk.to contents ↑
Painting t-shirts - materials for work
In order to paint a piece of clothing, you will need the following:
- Plain cotton t-shirt (a synthetic product will not work, because it stretches and the picture can be deformed. It is better, of course, to use a new thing, but you can also train on old, unnecessary clothes).
- Brushes with natural pile (synthetic can leave ugly stains on the fabric).
- Acrylic paints for painting on fabric (for example, you can use sets of firms Marabu or Decola - they can be purchased at specialized art stores).
- A simple pencil.
- Black marker for painting on fabric.
- Stationery paper clips.
- Thick cardboard or board for pulling fabric.
- A palette for mixing paints (you can use a disposable plastic plate.
Workshop on painting clothes
In our example, we will colorize a white t-shirt in a marine style with an image of an anchor. In order to make drawings on t-shirts with your own hands, you must act in this order:
- Wash and iron the garment thoroughly.
- Place a cardboard or board inside the shirt so that your design does not print on the back. Gently secure it with paper clips and clothespins so that there are no wrinkles and the fabric does not stretch.
- Select any pattern you plan to apply. Gently apply it to the fabric with a simple pencil (you can immediately draw a sketch on the fabric or use a stencil).
- Start coloring with the background. Blue color the stripes of the background, making them specially slightly sloppy. Leave the white stripes unpainted.
Important! Lift the material slightly periodically and check that it does not adhere to the board or cardboard.
- Color the anchor with gray paint, adding shades to your taste to create volume.
- Draw the ribbon at anchor - it is light yellow in color, also adding volume with the help of dark shades.
- Leave the product to dry completely. To speed up the process, you can use a hairdryer.
- After the paint has dried, draw the contours of the tape and the anchor with black paint. To do this, you can use a special marker or a thin brush and black paint. You can also apply contour paints, as they have convenient tubes that allow you to draw thin, neat lines.
- Wait for it to dry completely, and then iron the pattern with an iron - this way you can fix the pattern on the fabric.
to contents ↑
Important! Since it is impossible to stroke the picture itself, this must be done through a thin rag or simply from the wrong side. In this case, do not use steam, because the paint may leak. You need to iron it for about 2-3 minutes.
Painting clothes on a stencil
An even simpler way to create drawings on T-shirts with your own hands is painting using stencils. You don’t even need drawing skills - just a little accuracy and inspiration.
For stencil painting, you will need the following:
- Natural plain t-shirt.
- Foam rollers.
- Acrylic paints for painting on fabric.
- Cardboard or plaque for the substrate.
- Stencils (you can pick up any pictures and cut them, for example, from a stationery plastic folder).
- Masking tape.
- Office clips or clothespins.
- Plastic plate for mixing paints.
Master class painting with stencils:
- Wash the item and iron it thoroughly.
- Put a cardboard or board inside the T-shirt, gently fasten the fabric with clothespins or stationery clips.
- Choose a place for the location of the picture and fix the stencils using masking tape.
- Mix the paint on a plate, apply it on a foam roller.
Important! In no case do not add water to the paint, because it will become too liquid and will flow under the stencil. If you need to achieve a lighter shade, then you need to add white paint.
- Apply paint on top of the stencils.
- Without waiting for the paint to dry, carefully remove the stencils and leave the product for about 15 hours.
- After the time has passed, iron the product with a steam-free iron to fix the pattern on the wrong side.
to contents ↑
Important! Using this technique, you can quickly decorate children's clothing, giving it brightness and personality.
DIY t-shirt painting is a very interesting technique that can turn an ordinary everyday thing into original clothing. If you have a rich imagination and good artistic inclinations, you can draw a picture yourself. But even if you do not have special talents using stencils, you can still make a spectacular thing out of a boring T-shirt that only you will have.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones