As soon as you become the owner of shoes made of suede, velor or nubuck, a suede brush and special care products for such products should immediately appear in the shoe cabinet. Boots or shoes made from these materials have a chic look, were and remain a stylish and trendy element of the wardrobe. Such shoes are made of deer, ram and calf leather. During the production process, the skin becomes soft and porous, and the velvet texture and shiny surface make it vulnerable to dirt, water and dust. For this reason, many consider such products to be short-lived and impractical. Properly selected tools will help protect your new thing in bad weather and keep it in its original form for a very long time. In the trade pavilions you can purchase sets of special cosmetics for your shoes made of such materials.to contents ↑
Water proof suede
Nubuck and suede do not really “like” rainy weather because after a long exposure to moisture, whitish spots may appear on them. Therefore, care should be taken to protect the shoes from water. The best choice in this case will be water-repellent impregnation. Such an impregnation can protect your boots from water exposure and prevent the collection of dust and dirt.
Manufacturers offer impregnation in two versions:
- Colorless. Such a tool does not in any way alter the appearance of the shoe. Its effect is to create a protective film.
- With tinting effect. As a result of processing shoes with such a tool, you will not only protect it from external adverse factors, but you will also be able to correct the color for possible scuffs.
The choice of a particular tool, including if you need a suede brush, depends entirely on personal preferences and needs.to contents ↑
Until the moment you start to wear shoes and boots made of suede every day, it is necessary to do the processing of shoes. Such actions will protect expensive shoes and help her maintain a beautiful appearance not only on the first day of socks. So. what should be done:
- Apply at least three layers of protective spray to shoes or boots. Due to this, a transparent film forms on the surface of the skin, which protects against the penetration of dirt, moisture, salt and chemicals.
- At a distance of 10-20 cm from the shoe, apply impregnation until the suede is wet.
- For better skin impregnation, let stand for 30 minutes after each spraying. After drying, a brush for suede shoes will help to raise the pile.
Important! Do not leave suede products to dry near the battery, radiator or fan heater - this can ruin the skin and deform the shoe.
- Clean your shoes regularly with a water repellent, especially if you wear them in rainy weather or slush.
Important! Processing shoes should be carried out in a well-ventilated area or in the fresh air.
- Carefully wax the edge of the sole - this will protect the shoes from getting wet.
to contents ↑
Important! During this treatment, make sure that the wax does not get on the suede, as this can ruin it.
Everyday care and treatment
In order for your suede pair of boots to maintain their original cleanliness and appearance, it should be thoroughly cleaned immediately after wearing.For cleaning contaminants use special items and tools.
Style Trio brush for suede, velor and nubuck
Using a triple brush for Style Trio suede shoes, the pile becomes rough, respectively - the following problems are easily solved:
- Eliminates pollution.
- Dust is removed.
- You can get rid of small spots of water.
- Small scratches on products made of suede, velor or nubuck are eliminated.
- Oily deposits on shoes and clothing are easily removed.
- Abrasions and greasy on the surface of the boots are eliminated.
- Velvet is given, the original appearance is restored.
How to apply a Style Trio brush:
- The smooth side cleans the surface of the product from dust and dry dirt.
- Rubber elastic side polishes, eliminates scuffs and greasy skin.
- The rough side with brass bristles will remove greasy stubborn stains, combing the patchy areas.
- The narrow sides of the brush are designed to remove dirt along the edges of the shoe, in the seams, on small decorative details.
- To remove dry dirt with a little effort, swipe the surface of the shoes with the rubber side.
- To get rid of heavy pollution. use foam cleaner in addition. Apply it to the surface of the shoe and leave to dry. As the suede dries, you can raise the pile with a Twist Style Trio brush.
- In places where the shoes rub against each other, the pile may become clogged. In this case, perform preventative shoe shine. To fluff the pile, simply brush with light circular motions on the surface of the suede shoes.
- Suede brush is not only used to remove dirt from shoes. It is perfect for cleaning bags and other accessories made of suede leather and nubuck.
- To tidy up your shoes outside your home, you can buy the Trio 2 in 1 compact brush in stores. It is very convenient to carry it in your bag and also store it in the workplace.
Important! Before cleaning, check the color fastness of the shoes, if the paint is easily washed off, you can spoil the shoes permanently. In such a situation, it is better to take a foam sponge or rubber brush Style Duet.
This type of cleaning is more effective if the foam is used together with a rigid porous sponge. In a “duet”, these products will perfectly remove the following contaminants:
- Dirt that has soaked deep into the material of the shoe.
- Dust from the surface of the shoes.
Mode of application:
- Shake the foam bottle and apply it on the contaminated surface of the shoe.
- Use a special sponge to remove foam.
- After cleaning, the product does not require rinsing with water.
Important! Aerosol can also be used for cleaning internal surfaces.
Polyurethane foam sponge
The sponge is great for everyday use. For your new thing, which requires delicate care, this is a great option.
- Gently removes dirt while maintaining suede texture.
- It is made of environmentally friendly material, therefore it emits no harmful substances during use.
- It has hypoallergenic and hygienic properties.
- It removes well from the surface of shoes and absorbs dust.
- A type of sponge with a pointed tip will help get rid of dirt in hard to reach places.
- Wear resistance.
Mode of application:
- Dry your shoes at room temperature. Use newspapers for this, they absorb moisture well and prevent the deformation of your boots.
- With light short movements, without making much effort, swipe the surface in the direction of the pile to avoid tearing and damage.
Important! Strong pressure on the sponge can damage the pile and remove paint from the material.
During socks, boots and shoes made of suede and nubuck may lose their former color. One suede brush is not suitable here - cream-paint will help to solve this problem. It also serves as an impregnation for rough skin.
Important! A transparent aerosol will not allow the color of the boots to fade, and to restore the color, black or an aerosol that matches the color of your shoes will do.
- It has protective properties against dirt, dust and stains of salt.
- Using wax, which is part of the composition, the product has a water-repellent effect.
- It serves as an impregnation for suede, velor and nubuck, due to which the velvet, soft structure of the products is maintained.
Mode of application:
- Thoroughly clean the product with a foam or spray.
- Once the shoes are dry, shake the cream bottle and evenly coat the entire surface.
Important! Keep the balloon at a distance of 30 cm from the product.
- For best effect, distribute the paint with a special applicator sponge.
Important! If you doubt the correct color of the paint, try it on an inconspicuous area of the boots, for example, on the inside of the heel.
- After staining, let the product dry at room temperature.
- When the boots are dry, rub them to ruffle the pile - for this purpose, a suede brush is again useful. Spray the surface of the material with a water-repellent spray.
An eraser for suede is made of rubber, foam rubber, abrasive material and rubber. This item interacts well with suede and nubuck. There is a wide selection of erasers for suede products. Each of them is used for specific purposes:
- Use the abrasive cube to raise the pile of shabby boots.
- To eliminate stains from a pair of shoes, an eraser for rubber suede is suitable.
- Gently clean and remove stains from the eraser foam foam.
- For combined cleaning, use a 2-in-1 eraser made of foam rubber and rubber.
We clean shoes with folk methods
In the recent 80s, when suede was very popular, few managed to purchase special care products for it. Therefore, most people cleaned shoes with folk remedies, which gave a pretty good result. The most popular and effective methods are listed below:
- Rub the soiled surface with a crust of rye bread. This will help remove dust and dirt stains, and will also raise suede hair.
- If the pile on the product needs to be fluffed, hold the product over steam for several minutes, and then brush over the material.
Important! Shoes and suede clothing should only be cleaned dry.
- To restore the color of brown suede will help suede brush, abundantly dipped in coffee grounds.
- In the absence of an eraser with rough bristles, it can be replaced with fine-grained sandpaper-nulevka. As an alternative to sandpaper, the surface of a matchbox can be used. Fine salt will also be useful in this matter. At the same time, salt will remove greasy stains from the surface of suede products.
Important! Cleaning should be done carefully so as not to damage the pile.
- Spots on light suede will disappear instantly if treated with warmed milk.
- Overdried, hard suede will be softened by castor or linseed oil. Apply a thin layer so that no spots form.
We clean stains on suede and nubuck folk methods
If the stains are deeply embedded in the material of the shoe, then you can try one of the following methods to remove them.
Method number 1:
- In equal proportions, take talc, magnesia and turpentine.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and treat the stain with the mixture.
- Press the treated area with glass and place it under the press.
- After 45 minutes, remove the mixture and drip onto the former stain with turpentine.
- As such, leave the product to dry.
- Finally, brush the shoes.
Method number 2
Grease stains are cleaned with a coarse cloth - burlap, talc, magnesium oxide or tooth powder:
- It is necessary to sprinkle the place of contamination with one of the above powders.
- For a couple of hours, shoes must be left so that the product begins to act.
- After the time has elapsed, it is necessary to clean the powder with a soft suede brush.
Method number 3
Soap and soap will help to clean suede and nubuck from dirt, if you use it this way:
- Prepare a solution of 1 tablespoon of soap shavings and 1 cup of water.
Important! Stir the solution thoroughly to completely dissolve the soap.
- Soap foam must be applied to the surface with a brush or cotton wool.
- Rinse off the soap better with cold water with the addition of 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- After drying, treat the shoes with a suede brush.
Method number 4
If suede is shiny, then warm milk with the addition of soda will help you:
- Prepare a solution from a glass of milk and 1 tablespoon of soda.
- Rub the previously cleaned surface in a circular motion with gauze soaked in a solution.
- Rinse the treated area with vinegar. To do this, mix 1 liter of pure water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Leave the product to dry at room temperature.
to contents ↑
Important! The sun's rays discolor and dry the skin, so dry your shoes away from direct sunlight.
Tips for caring for suede, velor and nubuck
To make your shoes always look new and beautiful, you should know the basic rules for caring for her:
- If the shoe has laces, it is recommended to stretch them before cleaning. This will facilitate the cleaning process and nullify the likelihood of damage to the laces during shoe processing.
- Treat your shoes with a water repellent to protect them from moisture and dirt. Spray with a special tool at least 4-6 times a year.
- Dry solvents and dyes can permanently damage the skin. Before use, be sure to read the instructions and find out what materials this dye is suitable for.
- When using vinegar during the cleaning process, the smell may remain on your shoes. Consider this possibility when choosing vinegar as a stain remover.
- Suede care products can be purchased not only in special stores. Markets and stalls offer no less assortment. But consider the fact that you can purchase low-quality goods or fakes in such places.
- Avoid sprays, hair spray, and other chemicals containing chemicals on the surface of your shoes.
- Wear at least one coat of clothing between your body and suede. Socks, scarves and shirts protect the footwear from sweat and prevent oil stains.
- If you have a shoe-polish machine for suede products at work, choose a brush that has the coarsest bristles. With its help, the products will be perfectly cleaned, and the process will not take much time.
How to store suede shoes?
Delicate footwear should also be kept delicately. For long-term storage, shoes should be pre-prepared:
- Wash the sole of the shoe thoroughly.
- Using a brush, remove dust and dirt from the surface of the shoes.
- Treat suede with a water-repellent, if necessary - tint in the right places with a special cream.
- Leave to dry at room temperature
- Put plastic pads inside the shoe - this way the shoes are not deformed during storage.
- Wrap the shoes with clean paper, cloth, or a pillowcase for shoes.
Important! Do not wrap the shoes with newspapers; they may leave marks on the boots.
- Put the pair in a box and see if it contains silica gel.
Important! Do not pack shoes in a plastic bag. With moisture on the suede shoes, mold will appear.
- Store suede shoes in a cool, dark place.
There is a saying: no matter how ironed clothes are, a stranger will give out his shoes. Therefore, we advise you to adhere to the recommendations for the care and storage of shoes made of suede, velor and nubuck. Only in this way will your shoes and boots retain attractiveness, purity and beauty for a long time. If you have any problems, then use special industrial means and return the shoes to their former appearance, and self-confidence.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones