Shoe silver Coca-Cola
Cleaning silver Coca-Cola (Coca-Cola) - one of the most extravagant ways to remove dirt from this metal. Despite the fact that Coca-Cola is a food product, it copes well with oxide and other impurities on the surface of silver, restoring its luster and former appearance to it. In this article, you will learn how to properly clean Coca-Cola silver, as well as get acquainted with several other cleaning products for cutlery and jewelry made of this alloy.to contents ↑
Causes of Darkening Silver
- Features of the human body. Human sweat is capable of oxidizing silver. Do not play sports in jewelry and just periodically remove them.
- Storage method. Do not store jewelry in open sunlight or near water.
- Cosmetics. Some cosmetics contain sulfur-containing substances. This chemical element adversely affects silver and causes blackening.
- The effect of moisture. Water oxidizes silver. Even excessively moistened air can spoil the surface of silver things.
to contents ↑
Important! Much depends on the sample of silver. The more impurities and copper content in the alloy, the faster the thing darkens. Try to buy the highest quality jewelry, then they will be less vulnerable to the influence of an aggressive external environment.
How to clean silver at home?
There are many ways and means of cleaning silver at home. One of the fastest and easiest is the method using Coca-Cola.
How to clean silver Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola is a drink that perfectly absorbs, and its active substances, when heated, can remove any contamination from the surface of the metal.
In addition to the silver thing and the drink you will need:
- gas or electric stove;
- deep capacity.
For efficient and safe operation, follow these steps:
- Pour the required amount of drink into the container.
- Put silver there.
- Put on the included tile.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and cool.
- Rinse in running water.
- Wipe dry.
to contents ↑
Important! The method is simple, affordable and effective. With it, you can remove rust, green spots and any darkening from the surface of silver.
Popular effective silver refining methods
Do not buy expensive products in stores. There are a lot of improvised drugs that are in every home and time-tested.
In addition to Coca-Cola, silver is cleaned from plaque using such means:
- lemon acid;
- tooth powder or paste;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- stationery eraser;
For the quality use of these products, prepare the following tools:
- containers for boiling;
- dry towels or napkins;
- a toothbrush.
Having decided on the tool and having prepared everything you need, get to work.
Clean silver at home with ammonia
Ammonia is considered one of the most effective means, and it is used in different ways. In any case, you will need a 10% solution of ammonia.You can use it in its pure form and in composition with other substances.
In its pure form, it is enough to soak the metal in the solution for several minutes and wipe it with a cloth. To use mixtures of ammonia with other substances, familiarize yourself with two methods.
Method No. 1
In addition to ammonia, you will need hydrogen peroxide and liquid soap. In this case, the silver is cleaned as follows:
- Take a glass of oxen.
- Add to it 1 tbsp. ammonia and a small amount of soap and hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Place silver objects in the solution.
- After 20 minutes, check the items for blackness.
- If stains remain, leave in solution for another 10 minutes.
- After completely removing the stains, wipe the silver with a soft cloth.
Method No. 2
- Mix the ingredients until gruel forms.
- Take cotton wool and dip into the mixture.
- Apply to the surface of silver.
- Leave it until the substances dry.
- Wipe things with a dry cloth, removing all dirt with the product.
These are the basic and affordable methods for cleaning silver with ammonia.to contents ↑
Other ways to clean darkened silver
If there is no ammonia at hand, and you don’t want to go to the store for Cola at the moment, but you are set to clean the silver, take note of the options below.
Method number 1
You will need citric acid and a liter capacity. The cleaning instruction is as follows:
- Pour half a liter of water into the container.
- Pour 100g (3-5 sachets) of acid and put on low heat.
- Put silver things on the bottom of the dishes.
- Boil for half an hour, periodically looking at the level of cleaning.
- After removing all stains, remove from heat and rinse under the tap.
- To fix the result, you can rinse the silver in a soda solution.
Method number 2
Clean the silver with soda or tooth powder. Use a toothbrush to handle hard to reach areas. A good result on removing plaque from products from this alloy can be achieved by such actions:
- Prepare the pulp from the product and water.
- Use your fingers or a piece of bandage to apply the mixture to the item and rub it.
- Clean the silver until it sparkles.
Method number 3
Ordinary table salt cleans well any surface, including noble metals. In addition, it is available in every home. For effective use, follow these steps:
- Pour 200 ml of water into a suitable container.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Put silver in the solution and leave for several hours.
- To enhance the effect, boil a little objects in this solution.
- Rinse the silver with clean water at the end of the job.
Method number 4
It’s a little troublesome, but high-quality to clean silver with vinegar. The instruction is:
- Preheat a 60% vinegar solution.
- Dip a piece of cloth in it.
- Rub the metal until the oxides and other spots disappear completely.
Mechanical cleaning of silver at home
Silver can be cleaned not only by boiling and soaking, but also by mechanical action. For expensive jewelry, this is not suitable, and for cleaning dishes and similar things, we offer several such options.
Option number 1
This method involves treating silver with lipstick. Take the most unnecessary and use it like this:
- Rub the entire silver surface with lipstick.
- Take a toothbrush and polish.
- At the end of the work, wash the item in warm water.
Option number 2
Wash all dark spots with an ordinary eraser. Thus, you can craft any silver item, except for the chain.
Option number 3
Polish silver with toothpaste. This is a rather lengthy and scrupulous process, but the result will not be long in coming.
Option number 4
Another non-standard method of cleaning silver at home using eggshells. It looks like this:
- Pour water into an aluminum pan.
- Add 1 tbsp.salt and shell of two eggs.
- Wash the silver thing and place it in boiling water.
- After a few seconds, remove it.
- Rinse and dry.
Cleaning silver at home is easy and inexpensive. Indeed, a drink like Coca-Cola is better to clean dishes and silver than to drink regularly, despite its pleasant taste. We hope that our tips came in handy and you were able to choose the appropriate option from the above.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones