How to remove stickers from the refrigerator?
Labels on glasses, furniture and on various household appliances - each housewife is faced with this problem. We all like it when the surface of our furniture and household appliances sparkles with their cleanliness. Let's look at quick and easy ways to remove stickers from the refrigerator.to contents ↑
Types of stickers
In order to finally clean the surface of the refrigerator, you need to work very well. So, let's look at the basic ways to remove stickers. You can conditionally divide them into two groups, so that it is easier to understand than to remove the stickers from the refrigerator:
- on a paper basis;
- on a polymer basis.
How to remove paper stickers?
First, consider a few paper-based removal methods.
This method is the most harmless and non-toxic:
- Dampen the surface of the label with a damp sponge.
- Leave it on for a while so that the paper base is saturated with water.
- Then you can rub with a sponge, preferably the rough side, occasionally wetting the sponge with warm water. Thus paper and glue roll up into spools.
- After you need to wipe with a dry cloth - to remove stains.
Important! This method is suitable for still “fresh” stickers and labels. But if you are “old-fashioned”, then follow the same technology, only instead of water you need to use the liquid tool for glasses “Mr. Muscle”.
For the second method, we need a hairdryer - the most usual one will be used, with which you style your hair and dry your locks:
- We heat the label surface with a hairdryer - the adhesive base softens under a stream of hot air.
- Then gently pry the edge and remove the sticker.
- The remaining adhesive must be removed immediately with a cloth dampened with window cleaner or acetone. You can use nail polish remover or a more environmentally friendly way - vegetable oil.
to contents ↑
Important! When using chemicals to remove stickers from the refrigerator don't forget to wear gloves.
How to remove polymer stickers?
Now consider how to remove stickers from the refrigerator, if they are polymer-based. If you have just such a label:
- Grab the edge with a kitchen or clerical knife.
Important! Take your time, diagonally, so as not to tear, remove the label.
- Wash off any remaining glue by dampening a soft cloth with ammonia or any detergent that you have at home.
- Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
to contents ↑
Removing glass stickers
Let's look at the methods of removing stickers from the glass. How to quickly and efficiently clean the glass surface? If you installed new double-glazed windows, do not be too lazy to immediately clear them of all kinds of stickers, advertising printing, since under the influence of sunlight the glue dries very well to the glass, and it is quite difficult to make the surface sparkling in the future.
You can use all the same methods as when cleaning the refrigerator. But if you have a large volume, then it is better to purchase special tools for removing stickers, labels, tags. For example, such:
- pencil marked “Sticker Remover”;
- super glass cleaner - sold in car stores.
This will speed up the work. On each of you will find instructions.
For a good result, follow all the instructions.
If you do not want to use chemistry, consider a more environmentally friendly way. Removing glass stickers with vegetable oil:
- Wet the cotton pad with vegetable oil and wipe the area clean. The oil will soften not only the sticker, but also the adhesive surface underneath.
- It is better to do this at night, as you can remove the sticker with a rubber spatula or plastic knife after 5-10 hours. The duration of exposure depends on the quality of the adhesive solution used by the manufacturer.
- Remove glue residue with a cotton pad with vegetable oil.
- Rinse with warm water with any detergent that you have on hand.
Important! Also, ammonia, ordinary alcohol, boric alcohol can be used with this technology.
to contents ↑
How to effectively remove stickers from furniture?
Such methods can be used to remove stickers from furniture.
We take a hairdryer and, as in the method described above, heat up the surface of the label. Just need to consider some details:
- Warm up for 1-2 minutes and the regulator should be at minimum mode.
- Remove with a plastic knife and remove the remaining glue with vegetable oil.
- Then wipe the furniture with a soft cloth dampened with polishing liquid.
It is suitable for removing stickers with shabby edges. In this case, it is better to use vegetable oil.
- Dampen a cotton swab with vegetable oil.
Important! Do not soak cotton wool so as not to leave greasy stains on furniture.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the soaked sticker.
- Remove any oil marks with a soft cloth dampened in soapy water.
You can also clean the surface of furniture with table vinegar - the usual one that we use at home:
- Moisten a soft cloth with vinegar, wipe the place of pollution.
- Leave on for a few minutes.
- Carefully remove with a plastic knife.
- Wipe in this case is not necessary, since there are no stains after.
Important! When removing contaminants from furniture, do not use chemicals that can remove varnish from the interior.
to contents ↑
Plastic furniture and household appliances
It seems to us that removing the sticker from plastic and other household appliances will be quite easy. But there may be a problem. After removing the label itself, a large yellow spot remains on the plastic.
A melamine sponge will help us cope with it. This wonderful sponge literally absorbs all the dirt on the eyes.
Consider some features of the use of this tool:
- Wet the sponge with warm water, and soiled area too.
- Rub the edge of the sponge.
- Dampen a soft cloth with warm water and wipe.
Important! Wear gloves before use to protect your pens from melamine.
After such a simple procedure, your plastic products will be like new.to contents ↑
With these very simple methods, we can remove the stickers from the refrigerator, furniture, household appliances, glass and utensils. We hope you coped with it easily and now labels do not call your eyes with inscriptions that are completely unnecessary to you.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones