Odor absorber for refrigerator
Nowadays, there are many modern means to eliminate unpleasant odors in the refrigerator, which effectively cope with their task. But grandmother’s methods, proven over the years, are not inferior to them. Which one you choose so that you no longer feel uncomfortable when opening your household appliances - of course you decide. And to help you quickly decide on the suitable option, in this review we offer a number of suitable tools. After reviewing the proposed information, you are sure to choose an effective odor absorber in your case for the refrigerator.to contents ↑
What are the odor absorbers for the refrigerator?
In order to remove the annoying smell from your refrigerator, you will come in handy:
- baking soda;
- activated or charcoal;
- rice grains;
- Rye bread;
- aromatic herbs: celery, cinnamon, tarragon, turmeric, thyme, basil, cloves, celery;
- vanilla extract;
- aromatic tea;
- “Bio Favorite”;
- Fridge Balls;
- Frau Schmidt;
- FRESH PRO
- Fresh box Whirlpool 484000000952.
- Absorber-ionizer AirComfort XJ100.
Modern odor absorbers
Odor absorbers for the refrigerator are represented by the widest assortment of different models in the household chemicals market. Check out the overview of the most popular options to quickly determine the tool you need:
- Fridge Balls - a modern odor absorber in the refrigerator, made in the shape of a ball. This product lasts for at least 1 year, since the package consists of 3 balls, and one of them lasts for at least 4 months of use. This product not only eliminates bad aromas, but also prevents them from mixing, which allows you to store, for example, incompatible products such as pie next to fish.
- Frau Schmidt - odor absorber, available in the shape of an egg, has a white and blue color. This product lasts up to 4 months of use. Actively eliminates harsh aromas of products and protects them from mixing.
- Filtero - this product includes starch impregnation and activated carbon, with the help of which unpleasant aromas of products are easily eliminated. The package consists of 2 filters, one lasts for 2 months.
- Fresh pro - is available in the form of a gel, which is placed in a plastic blister. It copes with its task very quickly, twice as fast as its counterparts.
- AirComfort XJ100 Absorber-Ionizer - is able not only to eliminate unpleasant odors from the refrigerator, but also to extend the shelf life of products. The tool destroys bacteria and microorganisms with the help of active oxygen. The ionizer is easily placed inside the refrigerator and sterilizes it for 3 months, periodically turning on for several minutes. Powered by batteries.
- Fresh box Whirlpool 484000000952 is an odor absorber, which has the advantage that, in addition to odors, it also absorbs ethylene (fruit ripening hormone), which allows fruits and vegetables to be stored for a longer time.
How to remove unpleasant odor from the refrigerator with folk remedies?
In your kitchen and in the first-aid kit, there are also a lot of tools that can perfectly function as an odor absorber.
If you bought a new refrigerator and want to eliminate the unnecessary aroma of plastic, before you start using it, do this:
- Take baking soda.
- Dissolve it in warm water and mix well.
- Dampen a clean rag in the resulting solution.
- Carefully squeeze it.
- Wipe all the shelves of the wall in the refrigerator.
- Wipe dry with a clean, dry cloth.
- Leave the door open for a couple of hours.
- After this procedure, you can turn on the units and load it with products.
Get rid of the persistent old smell as follows:
- Take the vinegar.
- Fill it with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Mix well.
- Moisten a rag in the resulting solution.
- Wash the walls and shelves.
- Leave the door open for a while.
Eliminates unnecessary aromas of lemon well. Apply it this way:
- Take a lemon.
- Cut it.
- Rub halves on all walls and shelves.
- Dampen a clean rag with water, wring it out well.
- Wipe the refrigerator inside.
Important! You can use lemon in another way: dissolve a few drops of lemon juice in clean water, moisten a cloth with a solution and wipe it with all the shelves and compartments inside the refrigerator.
- Take activated charcoal.
- Grind it thoroughly.
- Put the powder in a container.
- Put in the refrigerator for the whole day, or better - for a week.
In the event that the above methods did not help you, get rid of the annoying smell in this way:
- Take ammonia.
- Dampen a cloth with it.
- Wipe with a solution all the elements inside the refrigerator.
- Leave it open all day.
How to prevent the appearance of an unpleasant odor in the refrigerator?
It is better to be safe from unnecessary persistent odors than to think later on how to eliminate them. The following options will help you in this matter.
Rye bread is most often used black. To use it, do this:
- Take the bread.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Lay it in the saucers.
- Arrange them on the shelves.
Absorb sharp smells: soda, salt, sugar, coffee, rice grains.
- Take the ingredient that's right for you.
- Pour it into a container.
- Place on shelves.
Important! Change the filler periodically to a new one.
You can prevent unnecessary odors like this:
- Take an onion, apple, or potato.
- Cut your selection in half.
- Put the pieces on the saucer.
- Put it in the refrigerator.
- Change contents every few days.
Spices help prevent unnecessary aromas. To do this, just put them in the refrigerator. For this purpose, you will find: celery, thyme, turmeric, cloves, basil, tarragon.
to contents ↑
Important! Vanilla extract will also cope well with this task - dissolve it in water, soak a cotton swab in the resulting solution and wipe the shelves and walls of the refrigerator with it.
Regularly apply the simple recommendations outlined below - thereby you will not allow the appearance of unnecessary aromas in your refrigerator. For this:
- Keep food wrapped in cling film.
- Always control the freshness of products, get rid of expired products on time.
- Defrost periodically and wash the refrigerator.
- Wipe everything that has spilled onto the shelves immediately.
- Arrange the products by their type (for example, it is unacceptable to store herring next to the pie).
We hope that our article has benefited you and you have chosen the necessary odor absorber for the refrigerator that is right for you.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones