How to remove scratches from the phone screen?
Mobile devices are more and more entering our life and settling down in it. Even 10-15 years ago, many of us only in dreams were owners of mobile phones, and now even children have them. When using the phone or any other device that has a touch screen, scratches appear on it. It takes some time and the phone no longer looks the best way. To return the device to a pleasant appearance without scratches, it is not necessary to carry it to a service center, this can also be done at home using improvised means. There are some simple ways to remove scratches from the phone screen. But before you start this procedure, you must prepare the device.to contents ↑
How to prepare the phone?
- First, turn off your mobile device completely.
- Wipe it well with dirt and dust.
- So that water or cleaning agents do not get inside, it is necessary to tape all external connectors with tape or tape.
to contents ↑
Important! If you often access the Internet from your phone, you will be interested to read our article. "What Internet to connect for the phone?"
Professional Scratch Repair Tools
How to polish glass on the phone? There are different ways to polish the screen - from professional tools to simple methods accessible to everyone. Consider proven options with positive feedback on ease of use and effectiveness:
- The Hama Displex kit includes polishing paste and two wipes. With one napkin, the paste is rubbed on the screen, the other is polished. The tool eliminates minor scratches, has an antistatic effect.
- The Polirun Set consists of a paste, a napkin, and a felt pad for polishing. Thanks to the nano-components that make up the paste, the scratches on the screen become completely invisible, and a felt pad will make the surface even and smooth.
- Polishing paste Disc Repair was originally intended for polishing discs, but then found application in the care of touch screens. The product is applied to a cotton pad and rubbed on the surface. Due to its composition, it fills microcracks. After drying, polish the surface of the screen with a napkin.
- The GOI paste got its name in honor of the State Optical Institute, where it was created for polishing optical instruments and jewelry back in Soviet times. Using it is simple - apply a little paste on a cotton pad, rub the surface, and then drip a few drops of engine oil and rub again. The surface of the screen will become smooth and even without scratches and cracks.
to contents ↑
Tools at hand
If you do not have the opportunity to purchase professional tools for removing scratches, you can do with improvised tools that are in every home. How to get rid of scratches on the phone using folk methods?
Important! Forgot to pay for home internet and you have it turned off? The phone can be used as a modem. Read the details,how to connect the phone to the computer.
A dental care product will also help the touch screen. Here you need to clarify that you can use the classic version of the toothpaste - the gel will not work.
Important! The principle of operation of the toothpaste is the same as that of professional screen care products. Small abrasive particles polish the glass, and scratches on the screen disappear or, in any case, decrease.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the display.
- Rub the paste on the screen with a napkin or soft cloth.
- Remove residue with a soft, damp cloth.
Important! Toothpaste only deals with minor scratches.
In every house there is such a universal remedy as baking soda. It can help you remove scratches from your phone’s screen:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of soda and 2 parts of water until smooth.
- Put the resulting slurry on a piece of soft tissue, gently rub it into the screen.
- Use a damp cloth or cloth to remove any residue.
Important! Remove the remnants of any product with a slightly damp cloth, too wet a cloth can add to your problems.
Polishing paste can also be made from baby powder, which includes talcum powder. He will act as an abrasive, but quite gentle.
How to act:
- Dilute the powder with a few drops of water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Apply to a napkin or soft cloth, gently rub on the surface of the display.
- Remove any remaining product with a damp cloth.
How to hide scratches on the phone? Vegetable oil will come to the rescue, which will hide small irregularities, scuffs and micro-scratches. Simply apply a drop of oil to the surface and rub thoroughly.
This composition is intended for car care, but will also help to eliminate minor scratches and microcracks on the display of your mobile phone.
Important! Such a tool effectively polishes the surface without damaging it.
- Put a small amount of the product on the screen and rub it lightly in a circular motion on the surface with a napkin or soft cloth.
- Remove residues with a damp cloth.
Important! When using highly effective polish there is a risk to erase part of the screen coating. Therefore, before you start polishing the screen, think carefully.
A mixture of eggs, aluminum and potassium sulfate
What else can you polish glass on your phone? - There is a way for those who do not like simple solutions, but seeks to experiment with various interesting chemical processes:
- Mix one egg white and a teaspoon of potassium sulfate. Potassium sulfate is available at the pharmacy.
- Preheat in aluminum dishes to a temperature of 65 degrees.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth in this solution.
- Wrap the moistened napkin in aluminum foil and put in the oven, which must be preheated to a temperature of 150 degrees. Leave there until the wipes are completely dry.
- Dip the napkin in cold water for half a minute.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times, then leave the napkin to dry for two days.
- Now with this napkin you can polish the display with high quality.
You can use fine sandpaper and polish the surface of your mobile phone.to contents ↑
In order for the phone to serve for a long time and please you with its appearance, follow the following recommendations:
- Do not carry your phone in your pocket with keys, coins, or other hard objects that could scratch your device’s screen.
- Get a protective film and a cover.
- Handle the device carefully, try to prevent the phone from dropping and hitting other objects.
- Leave the phone out of the reach of children.
- Wipe the screen regularly. Use special microfiber cloths for this. This care is important for your sensory “friend”, as the accumulation of greasy prints and stains, as well as dust and dirt leads to minor scratches.In addition, such a screen will become worse at times responding to touch.
- If you often scratch your phone, then you should consider buying a self-healing phone. In such models, the plastic coating may recover after minor scratches.
to contents ↑
Important! We all faced the problem of turning off the phone at the most inopportune moment. There are times when a full battery charge is not enough until the evening. Our portal has helpful tips on how to increase phone runtime.
In this article, we examined all possible means for polishing the phone screen with professional and improvised mixtures. We hope you have successfully made a choice in favor of one of them, and now your gadget looks like it was just from a store.