How to wash the refrigerator inside from yellowness?
The most indispensable household appliance in the kitchen is the refrigerator, which must always be in perfect cleanliness, because the products are stored there, and you and your children use them. It is necessary to approach the cleaning of a household appliance very carefully and carefully so as not only not to spoil the interior decoration of the unit, but also to protect products from chemicals. The inner surface of the refrigerator is made today, as a rule, of plastic. This material is not afraid of alkali, acid and quietly tolerates high humidity, however, over time, the attractive snow-white appearance of the panels begins to turn yellow. For many housewives, the question arises of how to wash the refrigerator inside from yellowness so that it is safe and effective. Today we will tell you how to wash the refrigerator from yellowness inside and out quickly and safely using folk remedies.to contents ↑
How to clean and bleach yellowed plastic in the refrigerator?
If the old refrigerator turns yellow - what to do and how to remove rust? In the modern world, plastic is everywhere - it is used for household appliances, kitchen utensils, decoration, toys. The snow-white appearance of the plastic is very attractive, but under the influence of sunlight and other factors, the formal appearance of the material begins to treacherously fade and turn yellow. And even frequent and thorough cleaning will not help you avoid this problem, so to get rid of yellowness, you need to bleach the material.
Preparation of plastic for bleaching
Before the bleaching procedure, the surface of the unit must be prepared for processing. Primarily:
- Disconnect the device from the network.
- Defrost the refrigerator.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator.
- Remove all available containers, stands, and shelves.
- Remove all small parts. Soak them overnight in a special solution.
How to wash the refrigerator inside?
Before proceeding directly to the washing process of a household appliance, we will introduce you to the basic rules for caring for a refrigerator:
- Maintain a constant cleanliness in the camera of the device, for this:
- Daily monitor the accumulation of crumbs, drips and drops. Remove any dirt, drops of fat and liquid immediately with a damp cloth.
- At least once a week, wipe the device door from grease and fingers.
- Do not put dirty dishes on the shelves.
- Check regularly for fresh foods. Dispose of spoiled foods in the trash.
- Store all products in closed containers.
- Clean the refrigerator once every 2-3 months. Do not interrupt the cleaning process for longer than 1 month.
- Do not use hard brushes, sponges or scrapers during cleaning, as scratches and abrasions will remain on their plastic parts due to their impact.
- To clean the household appliance, use a regular soft sponge and liquid detergents, especially if the surface is glossy.
Important! Frequent wet cleaning can slow down the rate of yellowness.
How to wash the refrigerator?
- Wash all removed shelves, containers, coasters, closed compartments, and racks in warm water and liquid detergent. After that, rinse the elements of the device, let the water drain and dry naturally.If there are old spots on the parts of the device, soak them with warm, soapy water, let the product act on the contamination, and then wash the elements.
- The inside of the refrigerator must be washed with a product that does not harm the body and products. Such a tool may be:
- Soap solution. Dissolve laundry soap shavings in hot water. Wash the refrigerator inside with a warm solution. Pay attention to all the folds and corners of the seal. Everything should shine with purity so as not to give microorganisms even a chance for distribution.
- Baking soda. Dilute the product in water to the consistency of kefir. Dip a piece of gauze in the mixture and apply to the stain so that it soaks for 30 minutes. Wipe the contaminated area and rinse with clean water.
- Apple Cider Dilute 1 cup of cider in 1 liter of warm water and wipe the surface of the device using a soft sponge. Rinse all shelves and the surface with clean water ..
- The outside of the unit must be cleaned of dust, dirt, spray and fingerprints. Use a liquid detergent that can handle contamination. Wipe the outside with clean water and wipe dry.
- Turn the back of the device into the cleaning area. Take a brush over it on a long handle with a soft pile to remove settled dust and cobwebs.
to contents ↑
Important! You can use a vacuum cleaner for this purpose.
How to wash the refrigerator from yellowness folk remedies?
The problem of yellow spots arises from the irregular care of the household appliance. The surface changes color when food debris is eaten into the coating. Their timely removal is the best solution. But if nevertheless signs of an uncharacteristic shade appeared on the surface, then use the following folk remedies to wash the refrigerator inside from yellowness:
- Laundry soap.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
- Technical soda.
We will begin to deal with yellow spots with gentle methods.
Method number 1. Laundry soap
The use of soap is the most gentle way to whiten a plastic surface. But this method will help only if yellowness arose due to greasy plaque.
- Grate half a bar of laundry soap.
- Dissolve the chips in warm water.
- Dampened with a sponge in the solution, process the yellowed surface of the refrigerator.
- Leave the product for half an hour.
- Wash off the soap solution with plain water.
- Wipe the surface dry.
Method number 2. Alcohol
Alcohol guarantees a better result than laundry soap. Moisten a cotton pad in ethanol and wipe the yellowed surface.
Important! Observe safety measures when working with alcohol: be sure to open the windows to ventilate the room and protect your hands with gloves.
Method number 3. Vinegar
Table 9% vinegar will not help solve the problem. To wash the refrigerator inside from yellowness, you need 70-80% vinegar essence.
Important! Acid is dangerous both for the skin of the hands and for health in general. Therefore, if you use vinegar to remove yellowness, be sure to ensure that the room is ventilated and your hands are protected with thick rubber gloves.
Vinegar can be replaced with citric acid. Sometimes, to remove small yellow spots, it is enough to wash the surface with a rag soaked in water with the addition of juice of one lemon.
Method number 4. Toothpaste + ammonia
Toothpaste, due to its abrasive qualities, perfectly cleans the surface without forming scratches and cracks. Ammonia will remove the yellowness.
Use the components as follows:
- Add a few drops of alcohol to a small amount of paste.
- Apply the mixture to a soft sponge.
- Clean the yellowed surface of the refrigerator.
- Rinse the remaining paste thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry wipe the treated area.
- Leave the refrigerator door open for several hours (preferably at night) so that all odors disappear.
Method number 5. Aggressive
In advanced cases, you can wash the refrigerator from yellowness using hydrogen peroxide:
- Dampen a cotton pad in peroxide.
- Treat the surface previously cleared of dust and grease.
- Perform the procedure at least 3 times.
- Rinse the treated area with clean water.
- Dry the inside of the refrigerator.
Important! To enhance the effect, you can use a solution based on hydrogen peroxide and a bleach for hair:
- Dissolve 2 tbsp. tablespoons of peroxide and 2 tbsp. tablespoons clarifier in 1 liter of water.
- Dampen the sponge in the solution and wipe the yellowness.
The refrigerator shines again with white.
Method number 6. Technical soda
Small objects that can be removed from the inner surface of the device can be soaked in a solution of technical soda and washing powder. For this:
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. spoon of each product in 1 liter of water.
- Soak objects in solution for 10 hours.
- After - rinse and dry the parts.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not use powders to clean the inner surface, as they are poorly removed and, in the future, may be hazardous to products. Also, you can not use bleaches and any caustic means that can destroy rubber elements and plastic.
How to wash the refrigerator outside of yellowness?
Yellow spots are much easier to remove from the outside of the refrigerator. To remove yellowness, use any acid-free detergents. You can use alcohol or acetone (if there are no contraindications).
to contents ↑
Important! The only things that cannot be used are abrasive powders that can scratch the surface.
In order for your “pet” to serve you as long as possible, do not forget about the rules of caring for him and wash your equipment more often so that grease and dust do not get absorbed into the plastic. Spend easy cleaning for prevention, using soapy water or special cleaning wipes, and you will never have to struggle with yellowness.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones