How to wash the refrigerator from mold?
- We remove mold using special chemicals
- Laundry soap - a universal tool for all occasions
- Soda and vinegar - simple and affordable remedies for fungus
- How to clean the refrigerator from mold? - We use special devices
- Where else is the fungus hiding?
- How to prevent the reproduction of the fungus?
- Stock footage
The mold problem in the refrigerator is familiar to many. Often a fungus appears on the walls of a refrigerator in the country. You arrive in the spring, open the device disconnected for the winter - and there the whole colony of fungus has grown. The walls are covered with spots, a terrible smell beats in the nose. Historically, the house in which the black mold settled was subject to burning - it was so difficult to get rid of this scourge. But it’s good that we live in the 21st century, and you don’t have to burn the house. In this article we will tell you how to wash the refrigerator from mold, so that you can still use it further.to contents ↑
We remove mold using special chemicals
If you have the opportunity, buy in the store a special tool for removing mold. Today, many manufacturers produce them, and they are sold in the departments of household chemicals. Pay attention to:
- "Mister Muscle";
- TOP HOUSE for cleaning the refrigerator and freezer;
- Luxus professional “Clean Refrigerator”;
- Flat for refrigerators;
- Penosaurus HORS "Cleaner for refrigerators."
Carefully study the inscription on the bottle, whether a specific tool can be used in places of food storage.
to contents ↑
Important! Before using a special product, wash all parts of the refrigerator with soda solution and dry well. Dilute soda in warm water in a ratio of 1: 2.
Laundry soap - a universal tool for all occasions
An equally popular folk way of resisting a fungus is a brown laundry soap, which is well known to everyone and is in almost every home:
- Prepare a saturated soapy solution, rinse all surfaces twice.
- Wipe with a dry, clean cloth.
to contents ↑
Important! Before putting food in the refrigerator, be sure to thoroughly wipe it. Even in the absence of visible lesions by the fungus, they can be carriers of its spores.
Soda and vinegar - simple and affordable remedies for fungus
The combination of soda with vinegar will thoroughly wash the refrigerator from mold. Yes, and too complex or hazardous work is not expected:
- Remove all shelves, trays from the refrigerator.
- Fold them in a large basin, pour warm soda solution.
- Using a brush, carefully remove any traces of mold from all surfaces.
- Wash the inside of the refrigerator with the same solution.
- Allow all surfaces to dry.
- Wipe dry surfaces with 6% vinegar, let it dry naturally.
to contents ↑
Important! When cleaning the refrigerator, when drying it and processing it with vinegar, do not forget about the sealing gum on the door. It is in the recesses of the gum that mold accumulates most often. To wash it, take an old toothbrush. If the case is completely running - it is easier to replace this part with a new one. This is easy to do.
How to clean the refrigerator from mold? - We use special devices
A special technique will help you in such a situation. Very often rooms quartz from dirt with the help of ultraviolet lamps. Such a device will also be useful in order to clean the mold from mold. The processing is as follows:
- In the already washed, dry and clean refrigerator, insert the dry shelves on which to put the trays.
- Remove the glass shelf above the containers for vegetables and place next to the refrigerator.
- Direct the lamp emitter to an open refrigerator, setting the lamp at a distance of 1.5-2 meters from the irradiated surfaces.
- Set the timer to “30 minutes” and turn on the lamp.
- At the end of the procedure, allow the refrigerator to stand with the door open for 2-3 hours.
to contents ↑
Important! During this procedure, use the glasses that come with the device.
Where else is the fungus hiding?
You must pay attention to the drain pipe and the drain pan. Through the tube, condensate from the refrigerator enters a special container above the compressor or into the pallet. It is in these places that it is always very humid and practically no air circulation - such conditions are ideal for the growth of molds.
When processing the refrigerator from mold, move it away from the wall and do the same with the tray and the pipe.to contents ↑
How to prevent the reproduction of the fungus?
To prevent mold in the refrigerator:
- Do not store missing or rotten foods in it.
- Once a month, you should wash the refrigerator with a neutral detergent or soda solution, and then dry it well.
- A few bags of silica gel inside the refrigerator will help you with prevention. Bags with this moisture-absorbing substance are in all boxes with shoes and in the pockets of new women’s bags.
to contents ↑
Important! You can get rid of the smell that emits rot using bags of rice, coffee, activated charcoal, salt or sugar, which you need to put in the freezer and refrigerator.
After reading this article, you are ready to fight the mold. For you, it is no longer something supernatural, because you have at your fingertips a huge arsenal of methods tested by time and people. Follow the simple rules of food storage and refrigerator care, wash it once a month, thoroughly, every detail. As a result of this prophylaxis, you will have a perfectly clean refrigerator, and you won’t have to worry more about growing black spots.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones